Zambia Gott Katie

Image hosting by Photobucket I hope everybody enjoys my site. I will try to update it as often as I can but since internet is limited, it may be hard but stick with me. Thanks everybody!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What is Chikungunya??

Hello everybody,
Well I am still in South Africa. At this point we think I have Chikungunya, which is a viral infection transmitted by mosquitoes. Since it is a virus there is not much the Doctors can do besides make me comfortable. The symptoms include body aches, hot flashes, fevers, nausea, and intense body pain may last for another 2 months. Life is not great right now but it is okay. I am seeing really good Doctors and no matter where I am in the world the treatment is the same..pain medicine and anti-inflammatory drugs.

So I have met a lot of Peace Corps South Africa Volunteers and man is there life different. They have ELECTRICITY and some live in nice apartments!!! It made me realize how bush and rural Zambia really is. I really miss Zambia and cannot wait to get back but I will be here for another 2 weeks. I am sorry for not writing letters right now...I will make it up to all of you. I hope everybody is doing alright. SMILE.

1 Comments:

  • At 12/2/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's nick miner, did you get my letter? I want to come visit end of July to hang out with you and then climb Kiliminjaro. You still going to be there? Can you help me find a guide? What's Cicily's email, I want to see if she wants to go too. Good luck kicking that sickness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home